As part of dedicating my senior year to emotional and mental health, here is a list of what I do to promote my happiness. Enjoy!
- See the good in people. Do this by choosing certain qualities you admire about people and keep those in mind when you are with them.
- Eat dark chocolate.
- Dance in the mirror.
- Call your friends.
- Write a thank you note to someone you are grateful for.
- Watch TED talks.
- Take a risk—don’t be afraid to express your feelings.
- Play with your dog (or someone else’s pet)!
- Dress up for no reason.
- Write “Happiness is a choice” twenty times. Read your list out loud; shout it if you want.
- Indulge in your favorite food.
- Go for a walk.
- Listen to uplifting music.
- Make a list of things you are good at and post it somewhere visible: by your bed, in the bathroom, or in your school locker.
Let’s choose to be happy.